Author Notes: This is the "mac and cheese" my Dad made when we were kids. Balkan cheese, long tube pasta, eggs and milk baked and then cut in squares with a knife for serving. Not traditional but extremely good! And as Tom says...good for breakfast, lunch or dinner! —inpatskitchen
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
pound bucatini ( or similar) pasta
tablespoons olive oil
cup whole milk
cups shredded Kashkaval cheese (or Kasseri for a milder flavor)
teaspoon black pepper
cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Actually, over cook it by a minute or two. Drain, return to the pot and stir in the olive oil until the pasta is coated.
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the pasta.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and stir in the Kashkaval and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the pasta and sprinkle the Feta over the top.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes and then uncover and bake for about 15 more or until the eggs are set and the pasta gets a bit crunchy on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast