If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Truffles are amongst the easiest and nicest chocolate treats to make; You can make up the mix the day before if you're short of time and then roll the truffles out when you're ready! Tips: You can stud them with dried fruit and nuts by pushing them to the centre for a nice surprise. I've put soft coconut cubes in some. Using white powders like icing sugar and aniseed powder don’t work, they dissolve into the chocolate…and don’t look the best: they taste great though. —Kitchen Butterfly
100g creme fraiche or soft tofu
200g chocolate (dark or milk)
1/2 - 1 fresh/dried red chilli pepper,deseeded and finely chopped
2-3 tablespoons of honeycomb chunks (or a crunchie bar)
Garnishes: Dark cocoa powder, Dessicated coconut, Hagelslag aka Hundreds-and-Thousands, Nougatine, Chocolate flakes
- Grate or chop chocolate in small bits.Heat Creme Fraiche or tofu gently and stir to make the mixture soft and liquid.
- Add chocolate to cream mixture and stir till it has melted.
- Add the chilli and honeycomb chunks to the chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Put in a bowl and leave to cool down at room temperature. Then refrigerate for a few hours/overnight so that chocolate thickens.
- When you’re ready to make the balls, lay out the garnishes separately …or as you desire.
- Using a teaspoon, measure out a portion of the (refrigerated) chocolate mixture. Roll it between your palms to form a round ball. Repeat with the other balls until the chocolate mixture is all used up.
- Dip each truffle ball into a garnish, roll round to coat and then set on a flat plate or in a tin. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- The results: Lovely, chocolatey with a hint of spice and some crunch with not a lot of heat but the pleasure it gives…and the sense of accomplishment which can’t be quantified.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift