If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This hearty flvorful soup will warm you up from the inside out —karenna
Serves 6 -8
- 4 cups sliced fennel
- 1 19.5 oz. package hot italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in frying pan. Fry sausage, turning often for 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove to cutting board to cool. When cool cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Add 2 Tablespoons oil to frying pan and saute onions, shallots and fennel for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and seasonings and saute 2 minutes more. Pour into large soup pot.
- Pour chicken stock into frying pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes to get up all the little flavor bits on bottom of pan. Pour into soup pot, with remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 30 - 35 minutes. Top each serving with some parmesan cheese, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
More Great Recipes: Soups