If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This isn't much of a "recipe", but I've made this salad 3 times this week and it's so delicious and refreshing that it never gets old. If you've never eaten this you must try it and you might be convinced this is the best way to eat fennel. I'm sure that this is a classic combo and similar recipes are out there but this is how I make it with the least amount of effort. —LessIsMore
- 1 Fennel bulb (round bulbs usually sweeter)
- 1 Grapefruit (preferably red)
- 1/2 teaspoon Good olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt flakes
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Few sprigs Fennel frond
- Slice fennel thinly with a mandolin onto plates.
- Cut grapefruit into supremes over the fennel. The juice that's released will be part of the "dressing".
- Drizzle over a good finishing oil. I used an Arbequina from Spain.
- Finish with flaky sea salt like Maldon, fresh ground pepper and scatter over a few sprigs of fennel fronds.