If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been obsessing over Kale. If you havenâ€™t seen it already, watch the video of my Kale and Quinoa salad (on the messimake.com). Iâ€™ve had Kale in many formsâ€¦salads, sautÃ©ed with a poached egg over it, kale and lentil soup, Indian entrees, smoothies and many more. Kale is considered one of the best super foods. It is loaded with anti-oxidants (prevents cancer), iron, Vitamin A (good for eyes and skin), Vitamin C (boosts our immune system) and Vitamin K (for healthy bones and protects against certain cancers). It is low in calories, has no fat and it is high in fiber.
I tried Kale chips at a Farmerâ€™s market and had to make it at home. It is so easy to make and you can season it with whatever you wantâ€¦sea salt & black pepper, curry powder, paprika and so on. —themessimake.com
cups Kale (remove the thick stems)
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
sea salt to taste
black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200º F.
- Drizzle EVOO and mix well using your hands or put it all in a plastic ziplock bag and shake well.
- Spread over a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until theyâ€™re crispy. Toss/turn the kale every 10 minutes. (Yes, it does feel like it takes forever to make these chips, but hey, I was able to paint my nails while baking these :) After each coat of nail polish, I tossed the kale and finally, both the kale chips and my nails were done at the same time!)
- Season with sea salt and black pepper immediately.