Author Notes: I have been obsessing over Kale. If you havenâ€™t seen it already, watch the video of my Kale and Quinoa salad (on the messimake.com). Iâ€™ve had Kale in many formsâ€¦salads, sautÃ©ed with a poached egg over it, kale and lentil soup, Indian entrees, smoothies and many more. Kale is considered one of the best super foods. It is loaded with anti-oxidants (prevents cancer), iron, Vitamin A (good for eyes and skin), Vitamin C (boosts our immune system) and Vitamin K (for healthy bones and protects against certain cancers). It is low in calories, has no fat and it is high in fiber.
I tried Kale chips at a Farmerâ€™s market and had to make it at home. It is so easy to make and you can season it with whatever you wantâ€¦sea salt & black pepper, curry powder, paprika and so on. —themessimake.com
cups Kale (remove the thick stems)
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
sea salt to taste
black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200º F.
- Drizzle EVOO and mix well using your hands or put it all in a plastic ziplock bag and shake well.
- Spread over a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until theyâ€™re crispy. Toss/turn the kale every 10 minutes. (Yes, it does feel like it takes forever to make these chips, but hey, I was able to paint my nails while baking these :) After each coat of nail polish, I tossed the kale and finally, both the kale chips and my nails were done at the same time!)
- Season with sea salt and black pepper immediately.