If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was the product of a terrible cold and a determination not to leave the house to find food as winter hangs on outside. I had the remainders of a weekend of hosting guests - half a container of creme fraiche, the last sprigs of dill, parsley and a few chives, half of a bunch of asparagus and a few baby zucchini. I googled and found confirmation that a lemony creme fraiche could indeed make a lovely pasta sauce here: http://www.20somethingcupcakes.com/2012/05/arugula-creme-fraiche-pasta/ and then adapted it to what I had on hand. It took about 20 minutes total and was better than I could have dreamed. —ccasey
- 4 Baby Zucchini
- 12-15 Skinny asparagus
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 pound Pasta (I used lemon chive angel hair)
- 4 ounces Creme Fraiche
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Dill
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and put pot of salted water on to boil
- Snap ends of asparagus and trim ends of baby zucchini and cut into spears. Toss with olive oil and place in center of oven
- Add pasta to water. While it boils whisk together the creme fraiche, lemon juice (I would add zest next time too). Add dill, parsley, chives, and salt and pepper to taste
- Drain pasta and add to sauce, mixing. Remove vegetables from oven and slice them 2-3 inches long. Add to pasta. Serve and enjoy!