Author Notes: This appetizer is one that we've been making for years and years. It's always been a hit with both family and friends and almost always sits on the buffet table. It's crunchy from the almonds and garlicky from the...Garlic! —inpatskitchen
Serves: many as a appetizer
6 to 8
cloves minced garlic
2 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp (I used 16/20s from the Gulf of Mexico) )
tablespoon instant flour (Wondra)- (you may need a little more)
2 to 3
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cup chopped parsley
Approximately 1 ounce sliced almonds plus a few more for garnish
Salt and white pepper to taste
- Make sure your shrimp is as dry as possible and in a large saute pan melt the butter, add the garlic and saute for a minute or so until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Turn up the heat and add the shrimp. Saute, turning the shrimp a little as you go until they are just pink and barely cooked through
- Sprinkle in the instant flour and stir everything again to thicken up the butter and accumulated juices from the shrimp.
- Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and almonds. Taste and season with salt and white pepper. Place in a serving dish and garnish with a few more of the sliced almonds. Pass the toothpicks!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre