You could use any type of jam or fruit coulis but I always found that raspberry and white chocolate work well together —MarieGlobetrotter
- Makes 1 cake
whole wheat flour
Raspberry jam or fruit coulis
In This Recipe
- Grease Springform, cover with parchment paper and set in the refrigerator
- Wisk together butter and half of the sugar until creamy.
- Separate eggs yolks and egg whites, and add egg yolks to the butter-sugar mixture one by one.
- Stir in flour, almonds, vanilla extract and ricotta.
- Whisk egg whites with one pinch of salt, until almost stiff. Add the rest of the sugar and combine well until mixture in creamy and snowy. Finally, add the egg white to the ricotta mixture and pour in the Springform.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in 350F. Let cool.
- For the topping, heat the raspberry jam with 50ml water and spread on top of the cake. Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the white chocolate and sprinkle in top of the jam.