If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You could use any type of jam or fruit coulis but I always found that raspberry and white chocolate work well together —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 1 cake
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Ricotta
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 4 tablespoons Raspberry jam or fruit coulis
- Grease Springform, cover with parchment paper and set in the refrigerator
- Wisk together butter and half of the sugar until creamy.
- Separate eggs yolks and egg whites, and add egg yolks to the butter-sugar mixture one by one.
- Stir in flour, almonds, vanilla extract and ricotta.
- Whisk egg whites with one pinch of salt, until almost stiff. Add the rest of the sugar and combine well until mixture in creamy and snowy. Finally, add the egg white to the ricotta mixture and pour in the Springform.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in 350F. Let cool.
- For the topping, heat the raspberry jam with 50ml water and spread on top of the cake. Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the white chocolate and sprinkle in top of the jam.