Author Notes: Chicken soup isn't the only soup. Veggies and fruits make a great soup too. It's delicate, sublime and nutritious. It transports me to the countryside surrounded by green and flowers, feeling the air and the flavor of spring. —Lola Lobato
pears, cored, peeled and cut into chunks
ounces heavy cream
cups vegetable stock
- In a soup pot, at low heat melt the butter.
- Add the leek and cook until it begins to soften.
- Add the pear and cook covered for few minutes also until tender.
- Add the watercress, vegetable stock and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream and puree in the blender.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve with a piece of country bread if desired.