If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Raw beet greens? Delicious. Who knew? This salad is crunchy, creamy, earthy, substantial and delicious. Roasted beets, fresh beet greens, green beans, egg and crispy panko crumbs tossed with lemon-Parmesan vinaigrette. Looks like a salad, eats like a meal. —Laurie
- 4-6 Beets with greens
- 3 radishes
- 1 bunch green beans or haricot verts
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated finely on a microplane
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375º. Trim off the greens on the beets and set aside. Wash beets, pierce with a fork, place a a piece of tinfoil, drizzle with olive oil and close tightly (the beets will steam - that's how you'll be able to slip their skins off). Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until a fork slides in easily. Remove from oven and, when cool enough to handle, slip them out of their skins and cut into small wedges. Toss panko crumbs with olive oil and salt. Spread on a sheet pan and bake for 3 minutes (but WATCH them) or until golden. Trim beet greens, rinse in ice-cold water and dry thoroughly. Roll leaves into a cigar shape and slice into thin ribbons.
- Make dressing by whisking together lemon juice, cheese and salt and oil.
- Peel and dice the eggs - why dice? Like the bread crumbs, a smaller cut means more of them so you get a little with every forkful. Toss the vegetables with the dressing then divide between two plates and top with egg and crispy crumbs.