If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresher is better! Using fresh ingredients instead of dried fruits which are usually sweetened with refined sugars can be a bit much. I try to keep my food choices as fresh as possible without giving up flavor and this hits the mark, at least for me it does. This is also great to make in the morning and take with you in a mason jar or other sealed container for lunch or to snack on all day long. Non-dairy milk does not the refrigeration that cow milk needs, unless it's blistering hot that is. Your non-dairy milk will be fine for up to eight or so hours at room temp without spoiling. If figs are not in season, replace with extra apple, orange slices, blueberries or any fruit that you think you will like that is in season. —Julie West @ The Simple Veganista
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats* ( I use GF)
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat grouts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, heaping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 apple, cored and seeded (I used Fuji)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons raisins
- a few almonds
- a few pepitas
- a few walnuts
- In small/medium bowl combine oats, buckwheat grouts, chia seeds, vanilla, milk, cinnamon, and half of the raisins. Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight, or eat in one to two hours after it has set.
- Serve cold, or at room temp, topped with diced figs, apples, raisins and nuts/seeds and a sprinkle of cinnamon...add a little more milk if desired.
- Notes: I like to mix most of the apples in first and then top with the remaining ingredients. Stores up to a couple days in airtight container in the refrigerator. Double this recipe for a meal that will keep you satisfied for long periods of time.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal