If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is amazingly smooth and refreshing. You will feel clean after so much green, yet satisfied. The feta and avocado impart a velvety, almost buttery, texture. But, just before your palate gets too comfortable, the crunch of the cucumber reminds you that this salad has some character and won't give up without a fight! Finally, the sour lime and the crisp mint cut through it and provide unity.
It's like an explosion of textures and flavors in the mouth, working a little like a cocktail, with flavors layered on top of one another. This is what I call summertime comfort food. —Bee @ deuxdilettantes
Serves: 4 (side)
cup chopped mint
Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
ounces feta cheese, diced
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons lime juice
Pepper to taste (or lemon pepper)
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a teaspoon. Cut cucumbers into 1/2-inch pieces and put in a colander. Generously sprinkle with salt and let sit in the sink for 30 minutes to drain. This will prevent your salad from getting watery. Quickly rinse and blot dry with paper towel.
- While cucumbers are draining, dice the avocados into 1/2-inch pieces and put into a salad bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and toss gently.
- Wash and coarsely chop the mint. Chop the lime zest.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice and lime zest to make dressing.
- Add drained cucumbers, mint, feta cheese and dressing to the avocados and gently combine. Add pepper (or lemon pepper) to taste. Cover and let stand in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- If you feel like impressing your guests (or just having a fancy meal), try to make domes using a ring mold. Fill the ring mold with the salad, and then remove the mold. It's a great way to structure your food and enhance the presentation of your plate!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!