Author Notes: While on a trip to Rio , hubby and I stopped at fruit juice stand. He had fresh papaya (he loves papaya but hard to find here) and I went for the lime. Both were sooo yummy on a hot rainy day. When we were close to finished we decided to combine the 2. The mix was incredible. We then thought it would be fun trying a Caiprinha with a papaya twist. Off we trudged back to our hotel and I immediately set to work. First watched him make me a basic Cap so I could get the measures correct and then asked him to float some papaya puree on top. He looked dubious but fullfilled my request. We shared and it was a blast of Brazillian sunshine. We ordered anothe 2 and then came up with name.
-the original uses Cachaca but if you can't find it, white rum has worked for me and some suggest vodka.
-this is for 1 , just ramp up accordingly —sansan123
Fresh Lime cut into quarters
teaspoons Granulated sugar
tablespoons Fresh Papaya puree
- Muddle sugar and lime in the bottom of an old fashioned glass. Set aside
- Puree 1 peeled and chopped papaya to a smooth consistacy. The pree that you don't use can be frozen for future use.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Fill glass to almost full with Cachaca.
- Top with the papaya and a slice of lime
- Sip,relax and think of the beach.