If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While on a trip to Rio , hubby and I stopped at fruit juice stand. He had fresh papaya (he loves papaya but hard to find here) and I went for the lime. Both were sooo yummy on a hot rainy day. When we were close to finished we decided to combine the 2. The mix was incredible. We then thought it would be fun trying a Caiprinha with a papaya twist. Off we trudged back to our hotel and I immediately set to work. First watched him make me a basic Cap so I could get the measures correct and then asked him to float some papaya puree on top. He looked dubious but fullfilled my request. We shared and it was a blast of Brazillian sunshine. We ordered anothe 2 and then came up with name.
-the original uses Cachaca but if you can't find it, white rum has worked for me and some suggest vodka.
-this is for 1 , just ramp up accordingly —sansan123
- 1/2 Fresh Lime cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons Granulated sugar
- 50 milliliters Cachaca
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Papaya puree
- Muddle sugar and lime in the bottom of an old fashioned glass. Set aside
- Puree 1 peeled and chopped papaya to a smooth consistacy. The pree that you don't use can be frozen for future use.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Fill glass to almost full with Cachaca.
- Top with the papaya and a slice of lime
- Sip,relax and think of the beach.