Author Notes: Who doesn't love the milk left behind after a bowl of cereal? I've never had the original from Momofuku Milk Bar because it doesn't exist in Singapore, but the thought of it was enough to make me try and recreate it at home. And just because I'm in love with all things pudding, I made it into a rich, creamy pudding as well.
While I like my pudding warm, this is also perfect served cold. Pudding skin is also an odd liking of mine, but if you don't like pudding skin, just press a plastic wrap onto the pudding before you chill it to prevent the skin from forming.
See the original post here —littleaccidentsinthekitchen
tablespoons raw sugar
cup cream, or as needed
Cereal Milk Pudding
cups cereal milk, divided
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Farenheit or 150 degrees Celsius.
- Spread cornflakes onto a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about 15 minutes. Cool completely and transfer into a bowl or a pitcher.
- Whisk in raw sugar till completely dissolved. Then stir in enough cream to make the volume of the mixture 2 2/3 cups.
Cereal Milk Pudding
- Bring 2 cups of cereal milk to a boil in a saucepan, then remove from heat.
- Sift cornstarch into a bowl. Whisk in the salt. Drizzle in the remaining 2/3 cups of cereal milk while whisking to incorporate. Whisk in the egg.
- Drizzle about 1/2 cup of the boiled cereal milk while whisking quickly to incorporate and prevent lumps from forming.
- Transfer the mixture back into the saucepan of boiled cereal milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Press the pudding through a sieve then stir in the vanilla extract. Divide between 6 dishes. Serve warm, or chill in the refrigerator till completely set, about 2 hours.
- I like my pudding warm, but if I do have it cold, I like it with the skin that forms when you chill it. But if you don't like pudding skin, just press a plastic film onto the pudding before you chill it to prevent the skin from forming.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal