If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I figured if you could make vegetable crème brûlée you could try Brussel sprouts.I tried two versions one with wasabi paste and sesame seeds, and the other with a topping of bits of crispy bacon.This is the wasabi version —MarieGlobetrotter
- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 110 milliliters milk
- 1-2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven on 230F. Prepare a bain-marie for the crème brûlée.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts and cook them in boiling water for about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain the Brussels sprouts and puree them. Stir in the wasabi paste
- Boil the milk in saucepan Beat the egg and the egg yolks and add the Brussels sprouts puree, salt and pepper. Pour in the milk and stir.
- Pour this mixture into 4 ramequins and cook them au bain-marie for 20 minutes at 230F then for 25 minutes at 280F. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle the crème with Parmesan and grill in the oven for 5 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and serve immediately