Author Notes: I figured if you could make vegetable crème brûlée you could try Brussel sprouts.I tried two versions one with wasabi paste and sesame seeds, and the other with a topping of bits of crispy bacon.This is the wasabi version —MarieGlobetrotter
teaspoons wasabi paste
Salt and pepper
tablespoon Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven on 230F. Prepare a bain-marie for the crème brûlée.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts and cook them in boiling water for about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain the Brussels sprouts and puree them. Stir in the wasabi paste
- Boil the milk in saucepan Beat the egg and the egg yolks and add the Brussels sprouts puree, salt and pepper. Pour in the milk and stir.
- Pour this mixture into 4 ramequins and cook them au bain-marie for 20 minutes at 230F then for 25 minutes at 280F. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle the crème with Parmesan and grill in the oven for 5 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and serve immediately