Author Notes: it's a dark night in the country and a little bacon fat turns into bacon baked pears, which turns into warm gushy sweet love, which in turn makes me want something cool and clean, vanilla ice cream! now i need something crunchy, my favorite granola will do, as will some peanuts and perhaps a little maldon to top it all off. nom.nom.nom. —eyeoftheavocado
bacon poached pears
tablespoons bacon fat
tablespoon unsalted butter
tablespoons brown sugar
vanilla bean scraped
your favorite vanilla bean ice cream
pinches maldon sea salt
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. in a saucepan, add your bacon fat, your brown sugar & the vanilla bean specks w/ a pinch of salt, over medium heat. bring to simmer and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- cut top off pears & then into halves. scoop out center to create a small well. grease an oven proof glass casserole dish a little and add a little of the bacon "caramel", lay pears inside down and pour the rest of the carmel on top.
- bake in the preheated oven until pears are tender to a fork. 40 - 50 minutes. let cool a bit, slice into thick tender moons.
- add vanilla ice cream to every bowl, follow with slices of your pear, drizzle on some of the "bacon caramel", a good handful of your favorite crunchy granola, a tbsp or more of roasted peanuts on top of that, a little more caramel over all of that with a pinch of maldon sea salt on top. enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal