If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This started with the idea to whip up granola and use it like cracker crumbs in a crust. I had too many ideas about how to top it, and it is a cereal contest, so I decided to make a cheesecake incorporating grits. I was really please with the results and even got a seal of approval from my serial cheesecake making mother-in-law, so here it is - a cereal cheesecake. —Kristin Irani Myruski
Makes an 8x11" pan
cups granola (I used maple for this), finely ground in food processor
cup brown sugar
tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; combine granola crumbs, sugar, salt and butter, and spread into 8x11" baking dish
- Bake for about 12 minutes and allow to cool
cup milk (I used almond milk)
cup grits (slow cooking)
tablespoons heavy cream
ounces cream cheese
- Add cream cheese, and seeds scraped from vanilla bean in a mixing bowl
- Heat the water and the milk with the leftover vanilla bean pod to boiling; add grits and stir until well cooked, about 15 minutes
- Finish grits with heavy cream and remove from heat to cool a bit; remove vanilla bean pod and discard
- Add grits, sugar and lemon juice to cream cheese and cream together
- Add eggs one at a time until combined and pour mixture over granola crust
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes until set; chill completely before serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
More Great Recipes: