If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great way not to waste food —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 20 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 bunch radicchio or carrot, only leaf stalks used
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup old cheddar
- 1 small apple
- salt and pepper
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Dig a hole and pour in all the rest of the ingredients for the dough. Combine well to obtain a smooth muffin mixture.
- Wash and drain the leaf stalks. Melt some butter in a skillet and cook on low heat. Season to taste. Drain well and let cool. Cut into small pieces with a knife.
- Cut the cheese into small dices and the apple into slices
- Preheat the oven on 400F.
- Fold the cheese, cooked leaf stalks and cumin into the muffin dough. Taste and adjust seasoning. Pour the preparation into your muffin tins (3/4) and arrange slices of apples on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.