Author Notes: This is the perfect side dish to any warm weather grilling dish. Steak, fish, burgers or kebobs are all wonderful complements to this versatile and bright side dish. Par-boil yukon gold slices in salt-n-vinegar bath. Grill them for a bit of char. Finish them off with a drizzle of fruity olive oil, sea salt & a healthy glug of vinegar (red wine/ malt/ apple cider - whatever works)! —walrusgumbo
cups Vinegar (red wine/ malt/ apple cider/ white)
Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Get your grill nice and hot first thing!
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Slice them into 1/4" slices (using a mandoline if desired).
- Add the potato slices to a pot and add enough vinegar to almost cover the potatoes as well as a sprinkling of salt. Bring the vinegary brine to a boil and let simmer 4 minutes. Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Drizzle the potatoes with some oil and then grill on clean grates on medium heat about 2 minutes per side (until you have nice grill marks).
- Finish with a splash of vinegar, a drizzle of oil, some nice flaky salt and fresh cracked pepper. Serve these babies hot and fresh.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar