If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are addictive little bites, but the real bonus is the extra pomegranate balsamic reduction. It's wonderful on everything from meatballs to ice cream. —HeartBellyAndSoul
- 6 Slices Pumpernickel Bread
- 6 Slices of Ham (thin)
- 4 ounces Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate arils
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, cook down the Balsamic Vinegar and Pomegranate Juice until reduced and thickened (about 15-20 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oven to Broil. Slice Pumpernickel into 4 slices each. Place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with Olive Oil cooking spray. Spray the top side of the bread with the cooking spray.
- Top the bread pieces with ham and thin slices of Gruyere. Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Drizzle with balsamic reduction, and top with Pomegranate arils.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar