If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Say that 5x fast! Pair with cheese on your next cheeseboard or add to your favorite grilled cheese. —deglazeordie
Makes 1 pint
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flake
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 cups Kumquats, washed, quartered, seeded
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and ginger, reduce heat to low and sweat for 6 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 2. Add chili flake and mustard seed. Stir and cook 2 minutes.
- 3. Add kumquats, wine, vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Cover the kumquats with water. Stir and partially cover.
- 4. Cook down until thick, about 20 minutes. Add water if liquid evaporates before fruit cooks.
- 5. Cool and enjoy.