If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made these deliciously rich and almost guilt free tarts at work today with a couple of students, they really enjoyed building these cute little treats. We also did strawberry jam tarts too which went down well. Customers loved them, even the non vegans and the head chef wolfed his down, despite being against anything vegan! —Komal
- 300g plain flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 200g vegan margerine
- 1 pinch salt
- Few splashes water
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g soya or almond milk
- 20g margerine
- 20g icing sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 handful flaked almonds
- Blend pastry ingredients except the water til they form a breadcrumb texture (or rub between your fingers)
- Add the water to form a paste and chill for an hour
- Roll out to the thickness of a pound coin and cut out circles with a cutter or by using a glass and going round the outside with a knife
- Place the circles into mince pie moulds (I used a rubber one for easy removal)
- place the naked pastry shells into the oven to bake for 9 minutes until golden
- Meanwhile heat together ganache ingredients over a low heat until smooth and glossy.
- Remove shells from oven and spoon hot chocolate ganache into the wells. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack