If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Can you even call this a croque-monsieur?I don't know but let's.This is great a day out in the mountains —MarieGlobetrotter
Serves 4 people
- 500g potatoes, peeled
- 250 g Green cabbage
- 250g parsnip, peeled
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 50g grated cheese (Emmental, Edam etc)
- 4 slices of raclette cheese
- 4 slices Bayonne ham or other cured meat
- 1 tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the potatoes, cabbage, parsnip and onion. In a bowl, combine vegetables with garlic, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper, and parsley.
- Pour in brownie dish covered with parchment paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until veggies are cooked
- Carefully remove from pan and cut into 8 squares
- Make you Croque-monsieur: take one vegetable square, put one slice of Bayonne ham first, one slice tomato, one slice of raclette cheese, then close your “sandwich”.
- Grill in a pen or in the oven for about 10-15 minutes on 350F, just to let the cheese melt and the vegetable are rather crispy.
- Use a tooth-pick to hold your croquet-monsieur together if necessary. Serve immediately.