Author Notes: Cauliflower is a sneaky substitute for lots of gluten- or starch-laden dishes, like “mashed potatoes” and even pizza crusts! —HeatherPierceG
head of cauliflower
pound of green beans
peeled garlic cloves
cup olive oil
cup tomato puree
Freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the ends off the green beans if you didn’t already get them pre-trimmed.
- Chop up cauliflower into bite-sized pieces (watch the video for this awesome trick I learned from Tim Ferriss’s 4 Hour Chef.)
- Put all of the ingredients – the cauliflower, green beans, garlic, tomato puree, salt, and pepper – into a large pot.
- Stir and heat up over medium heat.
- Cover the pot. Stir every 10 minutes or so.
- After 40 minutes…done! Turn off heat and serve or save for later – leftovers are good for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy it alone, along with a green salad, or you want a bit more energy and focus, top it with a nice poached egg for some protein.