If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cauliflower is a sneaky substitute for lots of gluten- or starch-laden dishes, like “mashed potatoes” and even pizza crusts! —HeatherPierceG
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 pound of green beans
- 3-5 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the ends off the green beans if you didn’t already get them pre-trimmed.
- Chop up cauliflower into bite-sized pieces (watch the video for this awesome trick I learned from Tim Ferriss’s 4 Hour Chef.)
- Put all of the ingredients – the cauliflower, green beans, garlic, tomato puree, salt, and pepper – into a large pot.
- Stir and heat up over medium heat.
- Cover the pot. Stir every 10 minutes or so.
- After 40 minutes…done! Turn off heat and serve or save for later – leftovers are good for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy it alone, along with a green salad, or you want a bit more energy and focus, top it with a nice poached egg for some protein.