If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made the incredibly non-strategic decision to travel to Buenos Aires while 10 weeks pregnant. The Malbec made me mewl and the scent of the fire tinged steaks at the parrillas were torture. As soon as we came home and I could face meat again, I returned to chimichurri, that great sauce for steaks and things that come off the fire. This one uses the zip of fresh herbs and some orange zest and chilli for pep. I like it with grilled flank steak- but it's also terrific over grilled chicken. —Tori Haschka
Makes 3/4 cup
- 1 large handfuls picked parsley leaves
- 1 large handfuls picked oregano leaves
- 1 large handfuls picked coriander/cilantro leaves
- 1 large handfuls washed and diced coriander/cilantro stems
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/2 Orange, zested and juiced
- Fresh chilli to taste
- Put the herbs, garlic cloves and olive oil in the blender. Whizz until smooth.
- When the herbs have become a green slurry, add the orange zest and orange juice. Briefly whizz to combine.
- Add sea salt and fresh chilli to taste (I wouldn’t be shy about either of them).
- Serve with grilled chicken,or some very large charred steaks.