If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 25 years ago, being low in funds, I did catering jobs to supplement my income. My preparations always got lots of compliments. Not sure why I did not pursue the catering thing…
When I catered board meetings for a non-profit, I always did a salad, bread, and a special dessert. Most people did not want a heavy lunch, and the salads I made struck the right balance between light, but feeling like you actually ATE lunch.
So here is my favorite salad. Its great for lunch or dinner. You can substitute chicken for shrimp if you would prefer.
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, cut into slices, quartered
- 2/3 cup salad style green olives
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the shrimp, cucumber, olives, corn and tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Mix together well in a separate bowl the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, curry powder, dill and pepper. Salt and pepper to taste, taste sauce and adjust seasonings if necessary. Add this to the shrimp mixture. Toss again gently to combine. Chill for about 1-2 hours. Serves about 5.
More Great Recipes: