If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my kitchen chocolate rules and chocolate vinegar has been on my mind ever since I experimented making chocolate vinaigrette for V-Day.
A few days after posting on my humble recipe site a fellow blogger, Chef Mimi, messaged about the chocolate vinegar she was on a mission to make; a wonderful recipe made by infusing white balsamic with cocoa nibs for a week, a recipe I made and liked very much.
However, I was after darker, richer, spiced vinegar with a hint of espresso so I experimented - first infusing dark balsamic and cocoa nibs and second using cocoa powder and simmering all ingredients for a short time. The tastes were similar, the second version was instant gratification and I’m all for that.
Here is my chocolate vinegar version, home tested in a variety of ways and well received.
Let your imagination run wild with uses if you decide try this!
Makes 1 cup ++
- 1-1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 15 coffee beans
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup agave
- Couple pinches of salt
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer for 30 minutes, stir a few times. Cool.
- Strain through fine mesh once or twice – until the vinegar is clear and smooth looking.
- Funnel into a glass container with spout or a Mason jar.
- Note: For a thicker, rich vinegar simmer and stir to desired consistency.