Easy and healthy roasted vegetable soup recipe. The garam masala gives it a good kick. —Jeremy Kross
- Serves 8
Red Bell Peppers
Garam Masala Spice Mix
Inch piece of peeled Ginger
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Meanwhile, cut the carrots and peppers into chunks and the onion into half inch thick slices.
- Toss the carrots in a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and place in a roasting pan in the oven.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and white onion with more olive oil, salt, pepper and the garam masala and curry powder. After the carrots have roasted for 8 minutes add the rest of the vegetables to the roasting pan and roast for another 25, or until the edges start to blacken.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and place in a stockpot, making sure to scrape out all the juices and spices. Add the stock and peeled ginger and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 30 minutes, making sure all the vegetables are completely cooked through.
- Remove the ginger and either working in batches in a blender or better yet an immersion blender puree the soup until smooth.
- Mix the cardamom with the yogurt and serve the soup with the yogurt, cilantro and pumpkin seeds on top.