Author Notes: The first time I tried Butternut Squash Soup, I was hooked. But then I had to make it my own. I combined the sweetness of butternut squash with the exotic creaminess of coconut milk and dash of garam masala to create a comforting bowl of autumn that I crave year-round. —BethanyLanell
medium butternut squash
ounces coconut milk
cloves of garlic
teaspoons garam masala, or to taste
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel your squash and cut it into 1-2 inch cubes. Do the same for the onion and the apple.
- Place fruit and vegetables in a dutch oven. Cover and roast in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until everything is soft.
- Add coconut milk to hot vegetables. Sprinkle with garam masala, salt and pepper to your preferred seasoning level. Using an immersion blender, blend ingredients to desired consistency (my preference is a uniform puree).
- Serve warm with crusty bread or a light salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut