If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I tried Butternut Squash Soup, I was hooked. But then I had to make it my own. I combined the sweetness of butternut squash with the exotic creaminess of coconut milk and dash of garam masala to create a comforting bowl of autumn that I crave year-round. —BethanyLanell
medium butternut squash
ounces coconut milk
cloves of garlic
teaspoons garam masala, or to taste
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel your squash and cut it into 1-2 inch cubes. Do the same for the onion and the apple.
- Place fruit and vegetables in a dutch oven. Cover and roast in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until everything is soft.
- Add coconut milk to hot vegetables. Sprinkle with garam masala, salt and pepper to your preferred seasoning level. Using an immersion blender, blend ingredients to desired consistency (my preference is a uniform puree).
- Serve warm with crusty bread or a light salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut