olive or walnut oil
Blue cheese (Fourme d'Ambert or Stilton)
Salt and pepper
cup bread crumbs
tablespoon dried oregano
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven on 400F
- Cut the eggplants into slices (0.2 in). Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set in the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool
- Cut the blue cheese and pear into small slice then place between two slices of eggplant, just like a sandwich
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs and oregano.
- In another bowl, beat the egg. Put the flour on a plate
- First dip the eggplants into flour, then into the egg then into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat enough olive oil in a pan and fry on each side. Place on kitchen towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve immediately with a nice salad