If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 small eggplants
- olive or walnut oil
- 150g Blue cheese (Fourme d'Ambert or Stilton)
- 1 firm pear
- Salt and pepper
- 5-6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven on 400F
- Cut the eggplants into slices (0.2 in). Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set in the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool
- Cut the blue cheese and pear into small slice then place between two slices of eggplant, just like a sandwich
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs and oregano.
- In another bowl, beat the egg. Put the flour on a plate
- First dip the eggplants into flour, then into the egg then into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat enough olive oil in a pan and fry on each side. Place on kitchen towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve immediately with a nice salad