If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These waffles are the perfectly sweet breakfast treat, chock full of toasted coconut and made with coconut flour, coconut milk, coconut oil, and coconut sugar for a gluten-free and healthy breakfast! Top with extra toasted coconut and a drizzle of homemade coconut butter for the perfect tropical coconutty experience! —misschels
- 1/2 + 1/4 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure Mexican vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar or granulated stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the coconut evenly over the baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes or until a lightly golden color. Turn on your waffle iron to heat it up.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and ½ c. of the toasted coconut using a whisk. Mix until smooth.
- When the waffle maker is hot and ready, spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about ¼ c. to ½ c. of batter into the waffle iron and cook waffles according to the instructions in your waffle manual. I cooked mine for 2:30, flipping the waffle iron over at the 1:30 mark.
- Top with the remaining ¼ c. of toasted coconut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut