If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All of us cheese fans are going to swoon over this. It’s cheesy, it’s garlicky (of course!), it’s shroomy, and oh so comforting after having a stressful week like mine. The phyllo dough crust is a nice added dimension, but the souffle is just as good without it, in my opinion. And yes, it’s pretty darned rich too (not all fluffy like we’re used to seeing soufflés), but I’ve lightened it a bit where I could. And the peppery bright zing of the arugula chimichurri really complements the full-bodied nature of the dish. —Sherry K-Jazzy Gourmet
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 8 ounces Asiago cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- non-stick cooking spray
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 4 ounces portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 ounces fresh arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- additional fresh arugula for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Stir in Asiago, monterey jack, cottage cheese, 3-4 cloves garlic and ½ teaspoon salt. Sift together flour and baking powder and add to cheese mixture.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo dough and place on bottom of dish. Spray the sheet with cooking spray. Repeat the process by laying a second sheet of phyllo dough over the first sheet and spraying with cooking spray, until 6 sheets have been used. Pour cheese mixture over phyllo dough. Top with mushrooms and cream cheese. Pour melted butter over entire mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown. In the meantime, put 2 cloves garlic in a food processor or chopper and pulse until chopped. Add arugula, ¼ teaspoon salt and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while blending until combined.
- Remove souffle from oven and allow to set for 8-10 minutes. Cut into 8 squares and garnish with arugula chimichurri sauce and fresh arugula.