I had carrots and yautia (a puertorricantuber) and decided to make a soup. As I was thinking how to make it, I decided to grate the carrot, since it doesn't usually pure well when you cook it in pieces. It worked really well. What spices would work well? I decided some freshly grated nutmeg and a little kick from freshly grated ginger. It really worked very well. I love this soup and will make it again. I am not a professional cook, just a retired chemistry teacher who loves to cook. —amgchem
- Serves 4
- Carrot 1 large, grated , yautia - peeled and cubed, 1 medium onion- chopped,
Large carrot grated
Yautia, cubed (I used the lavender one, yautia lila)
- Chicken stock, fresh ginger, nutmeg, salt pepper, Greek yogurt
Freshly grated ginger
Freshly grated nutmeg
Salt or to taste
Pepper or to taste
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions and grated carrots in the olive oil, until the vegetables are soft and the onions golden.
- Add the cubed yautia, the chicken stock, the grated ginger and nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Then lower the heat to low and simmer covered for 30-40 minutes.
- When the yautia has softened, blend the soup using an immersion blender. Add the yogurt and blend. Serve in a bowl and enjoy.