If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had carrots and yautia (a puertorricantuber) and decided to make a soup. As I was thinking how to make it, I decided to grate the carrot, since it doesn't usually pure well when you cook it in pieces. It worked really well. What spices would work well? I decided some freshly grated nutmeg and a little kick from freshly grated ginger. It really worked very well. I love this soup and will make it again. I am not a professional cook, just a retired chemistry teacher who loves to cook. —amgchem
Carrot 1 large, grated , yautia - peeled and cubed, 1 medium onion- chopped,
- 1 Large carrot grated
- 2 cups Yautia, cubed (I used the lavender one, yautia lila)
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
Chicken stock, fresh ginger, nutmeg, salt pepper, Greek yogurt
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1/3-1/2 teaspoons Freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper or to taste
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions and grated carrots in the olive oil, until the vegetables are soft and the onions golden.
- Add the cubed yautia, the chicken stock, the grated ginger and nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Then lower the heat to low and simmer covered for 30-40 minutes.
- When the yautia has softened, blend the soup using an immersion blender. Add the yogurt and blend. Serve in a bowl and enjoy.