If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect sweet summer ice-cream treat!
I have learned over the years that it is helpful to prep this dessert in two quick stages, simply freezing briefly after the first layer. On a hot day, this will prevent melting ice cream from oozing over the sides of the pie plate and making a mess! If you make your own pie crust, make sure to cool it completely. If your kitchen is warm, you may find it helpful to chill the crust prior to adding the first layer of ice cream. —Ann Fulton
9-inch graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade)
cup creamy peanut butter
quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
cup cashews, chopped
cup chocolate fudge sauce (homemade or your favorite purchased brand)
optional garnishes: whipped cream, additional cashew and chocolate sauce
- Combine the peanut butter and honey in a small bowl.
- Place the softened ice cream in a large mixing bowl, and then stir in the peanut butter-honey mixture.
- Spoon half of the ice cream into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the cashews, and drizzle with two-thirds of the chocolate sauce. (If the ice cream is melting too much, put everything in the freezer to firm up a bit.)
- Spoon the remaining ice cream mixture into the pie crust, and then top with the remaining cashews and chocolate.
- Freeze several hours or until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream, additional cashews, and/or chocolate sauce, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert