Author Notes: A floral, herbal and lemony summer treat that brings these gorgeous lavender fields of Provance straight to my apartment. When you are stranded in the city for the entire summer, what else can you do -- if the hill will not come to Mohammed, Mohammed will go to the hill. —QueenSashy
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry lavender
- 4 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Prepare the lavender simple syrup. In a small sauce pot bring one cup of water, sugar and lavender to a simmer. Simmer until sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off the heat, and let the syrup cool completely. Add the chopped mint and store in the refrigerator for a day or two.
- Strain the syrup and mix it with the lime juice and 1 1/2 cups of water. Pour the mixture into a non-reactive dish and freeze. Once the mixture becomes icy around the edges, stir well with the fork. Return to freezer and continue to stir every 30 minutes, until the mixture is thoroughly frozen.
- Chill the serving bowls in the fridge briefly, fluff the granita one more time with the fork and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert