If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used 2% yogurt in the recipe - if you want to go full-fat, go right ahead! I wouldn't recommend using non-fat; even with the help of the half & half and bourbon, it's pretty impossible to scoop after freezing. —Kitchenette
Makes about 1 quart
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons teaspoons dried lavender (loosely packed)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups 2% greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tablespoons bourbon
- In a small pot, bring the half & half just to a simmer. Remove from the heat, stir in the lavender and steep for 5 minutes. Strain out the lavender, whisk in the maple syrup and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the cooled maple syrup mixture with the yogurt, vanilla and bourbon. Chill the mixture until very cold, at least a couple of hours. Churn according to your ice cream maker's directions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert