If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious key lime pie made into a frozen cake using avocados. Raw, gluten free, wheat free and free of refined sugars —TalisTomatoes
Makes one cake
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup nuts of choice (pecans and almonds work well)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 cup rice syrup or honey or agave (less if using honey or agave)
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2 ripe avocados, flesh removed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 5-6 small limes, zest of
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Pinch Salt
- Line a spring form cake dish with baking paper.
- Place sunflower seeds, nuts, coconut flour, stevia, lime zest and salt into a food processor and pulse into crumbs. Process and slowly add the agave, rice syrup or honey to the mix until the mixture holds together but is still a little bit chunky. Push the dough into the base and sides of the cake tin.
- Place all the ingredients for the avocado section of the cake in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more agave, honey or rice syrup and stevia until sweet to your liking. Pour the mix evenly onto the cake crust.
- Place all of the ingredients for the yoghurt section into a bowl and mix until combined. It should be a similar consistency to the avocado mixture. Pour evenly over the avocado mixture.
- Place in the freezer until just set, around one hour. Slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert