If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve been riding the kale train for what seems like forever. What’s not to love about kale? It’s a nutritional bang for your buck and a tasty one at that. So when I got a request from a coworker to make a kale salad my first thought was gosh no, kale salads are so 2012, the internet is flooded with them and I’m not sure it can handle many more. Well here is one more. This is for all those people just climbing aboard the kale train, y’all are in for one helluva ride because this salad is pretty awesome. The dressing with roasted beets has a little honey so it’s sweet and smokey and cuts any bitterness the kale may have. It’s a lot different than my go-to kale salad which usually consists of loads of garlic, ginger, lemon juice and pepper flakes. For more step-by-step photos, visit: http://tinyurl.com/k8kd7ws —earthy feast
Roasted Beet Dressing
- 3 Small Sliced & Roasted Beets
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 2 bunches Kale
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 4 Beets
- 4 ounces Goat Cheese (omit if you want to keep this vegan)
- 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Slice the washed beets and toss with salt and pepper and a little bit of your favorite high heat oil. Roast at 375 until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Thoroughly clean the kale and finely chop. I pulsed it in the food processor to minimize the effort. Adding the hot beets will gently wilt the kale, warming it all up but keeping it fresh.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing and blend in a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
- Lightly brown panko bread crumbs. Cover goat cheese slices with the crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss. Add the dressing when you serve the plate.