If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by 101 Cookbook Lemony Olive Oil Banana Bread. I hate wasting produce and had all the ingredients. This recipe is rather simple. It can be made in an hour but produces a hearty, yummy treat to pair with coffee for the whole week. —Melissa Roels
- 1 cup whole wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups smashed ripe bananas (about 2-3)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Position rack in middle of oven, preheat to 400 degree F. Grease only bottom of a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- In large bowl whisk dry ingredients. In a small bowl whisk together mashed banana, egg, milk, olive oil, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Create well in dry ingredients, pour liquid ingredients into well mix once to incorporate. Add remaining ingredients and stir until just combined and moistened (batter should have lumps in it!)
- Distribute with 1/4 c measuring cup into muffin tin until batter is evenly distributed. Bake until tops are golden and tooth pick comes out clean in center, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, remove immediately or let pan rest up to 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
- 101 Cookbooks uses a glaze on her Banana Bread, I have yet to try it but I'm sure it would be wonderful on these. You can find the recipe here> http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/lemony-olive-oil-banana-bread-recipe.html
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack