Author Notes: This granola is slightly different though. It is not made from oat meal or barely flakes. It is made from rice. Stale Puffed rice cakes to be exact. You would think the warning label on the packet is to protect you but like most things I rebelled and added heat. The result is a fantastic lighter and crispier version of crunchy granola. I was inspired to try this after reading the recipe for Matzo granola on the serious eats website. This may not be fit for pass over but it is conveniently gluten free, dairy free and vegan. Use any nuts, oil, sweetener seeds you want; this recipe can be altered as long as you have those key ingredients in it, you are set. —Belinda [email protected]
ounces brown rice cakes, crushed into pieces about 0.5cm to 1cm
ounces sesame seeds, white or black
ounces shredded coconut
ounces raw peanut
ounces brown sugar
ounces rice syrup
milliliters rice bran oil
teaspoons salt, course flakes.
- Pre heat oven to 150 degrees C. line two trays with parchments.
- Combine rice cakes, peanuts, seeds, coconut and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Spread on prepared sheets and bake for 20 minutes. When you are able to smell the faint scent to coconut and it should go golden.
- Store in an air tight jar for maximum freshness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack