If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Three o’clock limps in some afternoons and makes my belly rumble. Maybe you know the feeling? It doesn’t take a lot to keep me comfortable until dinner, usually a piece of fruit or a palm full of roasted nuts. But a few days ago, I wearied of my routine and came up with these – 2 or 3 bites of bliss. —Pinch&Swirl
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 5 dried, unsulfured apricots, diced into 1/4? chunks
- 4 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped (or chips)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Combine peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a medium bowl; stir. Add oats and apricots; stir until thoroughly combined. Scoop mixture into individual sections of a silicone or regular ice cube tray. Press firmly to form cubes.
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a glass bowl; place over a pan of simmering water. Stir constantly until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes. Spoon the chocolate mixture over each bite and smooth with a spatula. Lightly sprinkle the top of each bite with flaky sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until chocolate is firm. Remove bites from trays, transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack