If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My bananas have been ripening too quickly and I would make banana bread everyday if I had other people to feed it to besides my husband. It would make me the best wife in the world if I did feed him banana bread everyday, but I do care a little bit about his weight, so I got creative with the overripe bananas and some oatmeal. This is really super easy and you can definitely play around with the flavoring (or even eliminate the chocolate if you wanted, but why would you?), maybe add in a tablespoon or two of a nut butter. It's really versatile and again, couldn't be simpler. It's also total gluten free if you buy oats that have been processed away from gluten. —pigisyummy
Makes 12-16 brownies
large, overripe bananas
cup unsweetened coconut cream
cup unsweetened shredded coconut
cups rolled oats
tablespoons maple syrup (or honey or agave)
teaspoon sea salt
ounces bittersweet chocolate (at least 70% cacao), melted
- Grease a 1 1/2 Qt glass baking dish and preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with the coconut cream and stir until it's very runny. Leave some small lumps of banana, it doesn't have to be a smooth puree.
- Stir in the chocolate and maple syrup until combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out relatively clean.