If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making this for roadtrips.........goes over big with everyone! Love how it is sweet with a little bit of kick to it............... —Kyra Gorski
- 2 tablespoons Butter (for greasing pan)
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dark Karo Syrup
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Five Spice
- 1 cup Toasted Almonds and/or Coconut and/or Currants (optional)
- 4 cups Popped Plain Popcorn
- Grease 9x13 pan with butter. Preheat oven to 250.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in pan. Stir with whisk constantly, bring to boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, take off heat.
- Stir in vanilla, baking soda, spice and optional additions if wanted.
- Mix in popcorn to hot caramel and make sure everything is coated. Pour into pan and bake for about 40 minutes. When it is done baking take it out of oven and spread popcorn out on a silpat to cool.