If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We had a few veggies left in the fridge and a bit of cheese so decided to throw it all together for supper (and lunch tomorrow). This recipe is very flexible to whatever vegetables and cheese you have on hand. —reahpeah
- 1/2 Head of cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 1/2 Head of broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1 bunch Red chard, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped eggplant
- 1-1/2 cups Whole wheat couscous
- 2 cups White sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Sharp cheddar shredded
- 1/3 cup Cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry powder
- 3-4 tablespoons Bread crumbs
- 3-4 tablespoons Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Combine all vegetables and couscous into a big bowl. Toss. Add in cottage cheese. Make white sauce (see note) add mustard powder, cheeses. Pour cheese sauce over vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Put mixture in greased stoneware (I needed to pans). Top with crumbs, cheese and then the oil olive.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Note: to make white sauce melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter. Add a few tablespoons of flour. Whisk mixture for a few minutes on low heat until slightly brown. Add 1 1/2 cup milk and whisk. Keep on low heat until it thickens. Now you can add the cheese etc.