If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This comes from my love of fresh mozzarella and corn. —Tony Meola
Makes a generous side dish for 6
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound small pasta, like ditalini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4" dice
- 12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring at least 2 quarts of water to boil and sat to taste. While water is heating, cut kernels from corn and sauté in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Put corn in large bowl and when water boils, add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and add to corn. Add olive oil and toss. Cool to room temperature.
- Add mozzarella, basil, salt and pepper and toss. Add a little more oil to taste.