If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few years ago I ate a spicier version of what I have now modified to my recipe, of a Caribbean dish with pineapple. I thought it would be so much yummier with the king of fruit and my all time favorite, the mango. It is a dish to surely titillate your taste buds and what makes it even better is how simple it is to make. —Spice it up
bunch Culantro (not cilantro) leaves
Mangoes, Ripe is best,de skinned and diced
cup white onion
Jamaican habanero pepper or to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Place diced mangoes in a serving dish.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and keep aside
- In a blender blend together, Culantro, water, garlic and Jamaican hot pepper (it is a short red pepper with major heat so if you do not like spicy foods use very little of this or omit it but it is the ingredient that gives this dish a kick against the sweet mango)
- Pour the blended mixture over the mango and refrigerate for 15 min before serving.Can be eaten alone if your brave or with tortilla chips.
- Note: Do not confuse the Herb Culantro with Cilantro, they look nothing alike. It is available at many Asian and or Jamaican markets. If you cannot find it then you may substitute Cilantro for a less dramatic effect :-)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs