If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's all about bunnies and lavender this time of year in the garden, and this shortbread cookie brings it all together. I started with a very basic shortbread recipe that you can find anywhere and added lavender. The rabbit cookie stamp is optional but I think it makes them extra special. They're dense and buttery, fragrant and whimsical. What more could you ask of a cookie. —almacucina
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons culinary lavender flowers
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor and pulse until flowers are finely ground; set aside 3 tablespoons. In an electric mixer cream butter and the rest of the lavender sugar on medium, scraping down the bowl and beaters as necessary. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Whisk together flour and corn starch. Add to mixer a cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls and coat in reserved lavender sugar. Place on cookie trays leaving two inches between each cookie. Press cookie stamp (or the bottom of a juice glass) firmly into the dough, flattening until it peeks out from the edge of the stamp. Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs