If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is always my quest to come up with new ways to eat vegetables and keep a variety coming to the dinner table. Since my kids will eat most of their veggies with cheese on it this recipe came about one weeknight when I had a fridge full of beefsteak tomatoes. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did :-) —Spice it up
Makes 8 slices
- 2 Large Beefsteak tomatoes sliced thickly into 8 slices
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko (Japanese style bread crumbs)
- 4 teaspoons Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- a few sprigs of thyme crumbled
- Truffle Salt or regular will do, to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F Take a oven proof platter and place the 8 slices of tomatoes cut side up
- Sprinkle in this order over each slice 1. Garlic powder, 2. Truffle salt, 3. Divide the Parmesan cheese to cover all the tomato slices, 4. Sprinkle Panko liberally over each slice, 5. Drizzle 1/4th tsp Olive oil over each slice and 6. Last sprinkle the crumbled Thyme.
- Place the platter with the slices prepared into the oven and bake for 15min Great as an appetizer or side dish with some Italian style meat or pasta,
- Note: Cut the slices of the Tomato thick so they don't melt and loose shape. Use a spatula to spoon them onto the plate before eating to prevent breaking.