If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I inherited a cookbook from my husband when we got married and I fell in love with Herbed Cheese in Olive Oil from Mediterranean by Jacqueline Clark and Joanna Farrow. We really love herbs at our home so we added some more than the original recipe and adore the addition of pimenton de la vera. This is fabulous on toasted baguette. And, as a bonus this lasts for 2-3 weeks in the refridgerator. Just let it sit at room temp for an hour prior to serving to let the olive oil melt. —kldesjohn
Makes: 2 pint jars
ounces plain yogurt
teaspoon crushed red pepper
teaspoon pimenton de la vera
tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or thyme
pint size glass jars
- Mix yogurt and salt together and place in the center of a piece of cheesecloth.
- Hang cheesecloth from a cabinet. Depending on how dry you want your cheese, let hang for 1-3 days. For those who are uneasy at the thought of leaving a yogurt at room temperature, this can also be hung in the fridge with the same results.
- Mix crushed pepper, pimenton de la vera, and fresh herbs.
- Pour small amount of olive oil in jars and coat bottom and sides of jars.
- When you have a layer in the jar sprinkle herb mixture over and then pour layer of olive oil to just cover the cheese balls and repeat until all the cheese is used up.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs