If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is slight adaptation of "Halibut Baked with Olives, Lemon, and Fresh Basil," from Summer on a Plate by Anna Pump and Gen LeRoy. My finicky teenager liked this when I made it for the first time a couple nights ago. —Sadassa_Ulna
pounds cod fillets, cut into six pieces
cup olive oil
teaspoon ground black pepper
cloves garlic, sliced very thinly
medium - large tomatoes, sliced thin
pitted black olives, cut in half
teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
cup chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat bottom of a large baking dish* with 3 Tbsp. of the olive oil. * Dish should large enough that all fillets can fit without overlapping - I had to use two.
- Zest lemons then juice them; mix zest and juice with remaining olive oil in a small bowl. Add salt, and pepper.
- Place fillets in dish(es). Scatter the garlic evenly. Arrange olives and tomato slices on fish, then scatter the herbs over all. Pour the lemon-oil mixture evenly over all.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Garnish with remaining basil and lemon wedges on the side. [For an easy supper I served this with rice pilaf and a simple green salad.]
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs